Sep 22, 2009

DINING ROOM


Another lamp in another window of the same Toronto restaurant that inspired the "Luminary" painting in July. It was the perfect day to finish this piece because it was dreary and rainy outside, and it would have been nice to go lunch in a restaurant like the one in the painting. I can't complain about the weather though, I just escaped the floods in the southeast United States. I just returned from a trip to Asheville, Savannah and Charleston. I was disappointed that the Biltmore Estate prohibits photography, even sketching!!! All I could do was take notes on the color schemes of the rooms that I liked. I wished that the Torchwood contact lenses existed in real life (from this year's five episode season) and that I had a pair. This oil is 16" w x 20" h. This is for sale at Emphasis Interiors in Pittsburgh, PA. SOLD

No comments: