Oct 13, 2014

Sidewalk Cafe at Night in Paris


I painted this from the very last photo I took during my May trip to Paris. It is La Palette in the Saint Germain neighborhood. Seeing the people enjoy their meals and the company of their friends on the street-side tables made me want to extend my stay or at least have one more glass of wine. But instead I walked straight back to the room so I could wake up early enough to run (literally run) to the Musee de l'Orangerie in the morning for a quick visit before going to the airport.  I had never visited that museum before and was not leaving Paris without seeing it, plus I didn't want the last day of my museum pass to go to waste. So sadly, and possibly for the first time in my life, I said "no" to wine. Oil on 14"h x 18"w stretched linen. SOLD.

This is one of the thirty new paintings that I  have on exhibit at Gallery on 43rd Street in Pittsburgh, PA (Lawrenceville) from Friday, October 3rd through December 31st, 2014.  Click here to visit the website. The paintings were mostly inspired by my recent trip to France .

No comments: