Nov 9, 2022

First Trip to the Beach

 

I realize that my subject matter is all over the place these days. Some of the paintings, including this one, were painted early in the year for special events, and I just never added them to the blog. In other cases when my subject matter seems random, it is because places I've visited will pop into my head, and outside of teleporting there, painting them is the best way to revisit them since teleportation isn't possible (yet.)

This scene was painted from a photo that I took in Cape May, New Jersey many years ago. I often worry that people think I am a creeper for taking pictures of random families at the beach. But, it is for the purpose of preserving happy moments on canvas that I witness. I painted this for the Beach Haven Art Walk in New Jersey, but the painting did not sell there. It is on 10"h x 8"w stretched canvas and is at Latrobe Art Center.

No comments: