Oct 19, 2010

MORNING FOX HUNT


I wish I could get a better picture of this painting. There is so much black and therefore, glare. I painted this from a photo that I took at a fox hunt a couple of weeks ago. My mother and I followed the horses on foot, and successfully evaded encounters with hind legs. We walked and ran about four miles through fields and trails, which was an awesomely great time. Many thanks to our wonderful hosts for bearing with us and for the adventure! At one point we were standing quietly on the trail and something was running at us. I thought it was a wayward hound, but as it approached I saw that it was smaller and fuzzier, and realized that it was the fox! He/she saw us and quickly ran the other way. And don't worry, animal lovers, neither fox, hound, nor horse was harmed during the hunt; they don't actually kill the fox on these hunts. This oil painting is on 24" x 30" stretched canvas. No longer available.

No comments: