Nov 5, 2021

Hayden Valley Bison

 

My husband and I recently visited Yellostone National Park and the Grand Tetons with some friends. One thing that surprised me was the amount of driving involved. I had read about it, but it did not sink in. I really wanted to visit the Lamar Valley, but to see it when there is peak animal activity, you have to arrive early in the morning or late in the afternoon. We couldn't see it at either of those times because it was simply too far from where we were staying. One day, my husband and I explored the northern loop near the Grand Canyon and saw a sign for the Hayden valley only a few miles down the road. We didn't expect to see much, but when we arrived, there was a herd of bison in the distance. They approached all the parked cars in order to cross the street, and soon, they were weaving among the cars. They had sad faces but are probably happy exploring nature and roaming freely. Oil on 6.5"h x 9.5"w linen. Click to purchase directly from jonellesummerfield.com

No comments: