Oct 28, 2022

Marseille Harbor

 

I finally had the chance to paint one of the photos that I snapped in Marseille, France from my 2019 trip. It sometimes takes me a while to figure out how I want to tackle a subject, especially if it is a new place to me. I am often challenged by figuring out what size a painting should be. I determined that 18" x 24" was the optimal size for this painting. It is available on the UGallery website. This is a link to my page on the site. 

Marseille felt different than other European towns. It was quiet in the morning and afternoon, but at night, the sidewalks were lively, hosting crowds of people at outdoor cafes who watched soccer games on TVs. We sometimes had to walk onto the street to continue on our way to the harbor. At the harbor, families, individuals, locals, and tourists mingled together. Kids had entertaining toys, including sparklers, while vendors sold their wares. We enjoyed the scenery and the abundant seafood. Visit UGallery for more photos of the painting.

No comments: