Jul 25, 2024

Portland Maine Harbor

 


I was excited to have had some paintings accepted for display at the Roux & Cyr International Fine Art Gallery in Portland, Maine, so I took a trip there to gather some subject matter. I take my bike along on New England trips because it is much easier to stop when I see a photo opportunity, and it is much easier and cheaper to park than a car. During my trip, I biked around the Old Port for an entire morning, and then I took a ferry to Peaks Island for the afternoon. It was a refreshing day, especially after driving so far to get there. I painted this picture while operating my booth at the Westmoreland Heritage Festival in Greensburg, PA. I normally complete paintings over two or more sittings, but I liked the fresh, spontaneous quality of the colors and brushstrokes, so I considered it finished in one afternoon. 

Available at UGallery.com

No comments: