Jul 24, 2024

Somewhere on the Camino Frances

 

I'm not sure where this is but it is somewhere on the Camino Frances. I loved the varied terrain and mix of complementary colors. The cool blue of the houses' shadow sides and the blue sky provided extra layers of contrast. The tomato towers broke up the horizontal lines in the composition. 

Many crops were growing in Spain when I walked last September. In addition to intentionally planted farms and vineyards, many sources of treats grew voluntarily beside the path. I didn't pick anything if it appeared to be part of anyone's property, but in the middle of nowhere, other pilgrims and I cobbled together snacks of blackberries, apples, figs, walnuts, and almonds. We didn't often have tools with which to crack nuts, but I'll always laugh when I remember one of my fellow pilgrims cracking almonds with the edge of a cutting board one night. We all probably should have been wearing protective eyewear. 

Purchase Information to be Announced Soon

No comments: